This easy-peasy sauce is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. You can use it as a base for pasta sauce, pizza, soup, a delicious sauce on its own, and even as a sauce for homemade baked beans. The best part? It’s straightforward to make!
With just a few simple ingredients – 2kg of tomatoes, 2 onions, 6 cloves of garlic, basil, rosemary, lemon thyme, parsley, salt and pepper, sugar, and water – you can have a delicious and nutritious sauce in no time.
The instructions are straightforward and easy to follow. All you have to do is wash and chop the tomatoes, onions, and garlic, and cook them in a large pot with some oil, sugar, and salt. Then, add the herbs, pepper, and water, and let the sauce simmer. Finally, blend the sauce until it is smooth, adjust the seasoning, and voila – your sauce is ready!
Not only is this sauce easy to make, but it’s also a great way to use up any extra tomatoes you may have lying around. It’s perfect for meal prep and can be stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Be sure to check out my TikTok or Instagram reels to see how I used this sauce for three fresh meals that will suit the whole family. With this sauce, the possibilities are endless, and you’ll never run out of ideas for how to use it.
- 2kg of tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of basil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1 cup of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 a cup of water
- dash of olive oil
- Begin by washing the tomatoes and cutting them into small pieces. Peel and chop the onions and garlic as well.
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they become soft.
- Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir well and let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, add the chopped herbs (basil, rosemary, lemon thyme, and parsley) and some freshly ground pepper. Stir well and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add water as needed to reach your desired consistency. Let it cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down. Once it has cooled, use an immersion blender or a food processor to puree the sauce until it is smooth.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve the sauce immediately or store it in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Enjoy your delicious Mediterranean Medley Tomato Sauce!