3 tbsp of Masterfoods Taco Seasoning
1 tbsp smoky paprika (mild)
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp All Spice powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp of garlic powder
Salt and pepper approximately 1 tsp of each
1 – 2 tbsp olive oil
1kg beef of brisket
1/2 bulb of garlic or 2tbsp of minced garlic
One large or two small onions diced
500ml of beef stock
1/2 cup of orange juice
2 tbsp of lemon juice
One tin of crushed tomatoes
- Combine all your spices.
- Coat your meat in the spices
- Put the olive oil in the slow cooker, let the slow cooker heat the oil, and then place the brisket in the slow cooker. You should hear a sizzle when you put the brisket into the pot.
- Add your onion, garlic, remaining spices, tomatoes, orange juice, beef stock and lemon juice.
- Set and forget for four hours.
- Once the meat has finished slow cooking, take it out of the cooker and cut it up. At this stage, your brisket should fall apart. Put the cut brisket into a baking dish, sprinkle on some more Masterfoods taco seasoning, mix with the slow cooker meat juice and return to the oven to reduce and thicken for twenty minutes. Have your range set to 200 degrees fan bake or 180 bake.
- Serve in either tacos, burritos or an open Mexican taste plate.