Introducing the Sarnia Lasagna Tower – a towering masterpiece of 16 layers of mouth-watering lasagna goodness! This delectable creation boasts a trio of cheeses – parmesan, mozzarella, and tasty cheese – that are layered between homemade tomato sauce and lasagna sheets. The secret to this tower’s deliciousness lies in the homemade tomato sauce recipe, which you can find on my blog. Each layer of pasta is cooked to perfection, providing the perfect texture to complement the rich, cheesy flavour. This tower of lasagna is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a sight to behold. Its impressive size and striking appearance make it an ideal centrepiece for any dinner party or special occasion. If you’re looking for a show-stopping dish that’s sure to impress, look no further than the Sarnia Lasagna Tower.
- 1kg of mince
- 2 tbsp of onion powder
- 3 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 cup of red wine
- 4 beef OXO cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5L Mediterranean medley tomato sauce (refer to my recipe on the blog)
- 100g of butter
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1.4kg of mixed cheeses, mozzarella, tasty, and parmesan cheese
- Fresh lasagna sheets (make your own or buy two packs of fresh lasagna sheets, with 8 sheets per pack)
- A 150mm deep baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake.
- In a large frying pan, cook the mince over medium heat until it’s browned and cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, red wine, beef OXO cubes, salt, and pepper to the cooked mince. Stir to combine, and let the mixture simmer over low heat for 40 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until it’s combined and bubbly.
- Gradually add milk to the butter and flour mixture, whisking continuously to avoid lumps, until the mixture thickens into a smooth sauce.
- Add the grated mozzarella, tasty, and parmesan cheese to the white sauce and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add a layer of fresh lasagna sheets, making sure they cover the entire surface of the dish.
- Spread a layer of meat sauce over the lasagna sheets, followed by a layer of cheese sauce.
- Repeat the layers of lasagna sheets, meat sauce, and cheese sauce until you have used all the ingredients, finishing with a layer of cheese sauce on top and a sprinkling of fresh parmesan cheese.
- bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the cheese sauce is golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for 2-4 hours.
- Cover and place in the fridge for six hours
- Cut around the edges of the lasagna. Refer to my video on TikTok for instructions before tipping it onto a chopping board.
- You may need to tap the bottom of the tin to help it slide out, then cut and either fry in a pan or place under the grill with more cheese before plating up to serve.
- Use some of the tomato sauce underneath your lasagna slice for plating and finish with a garnish of parsley.
Enjoy your delicious Sarnia Lasagna Tower!